NATURAL LOOKING. AWARD WINNING.
Sienna X spray tanning gives a gorgeous, natural-looking tan without the inherent dangers of skin damage that can result from over exposure to UVA/B rays, letting you look stunningly tanned all year round.
These simple steps will ensure that you get the best results from your professional Sienna X tan and make it last as long as possible!
Whether you’re booked in for a Sienna X spray tan, or are planning to use our award-winning self tan products, to guarantee the best results you need to prepare your skin properly.
Preparing for a fake tan should begin 2 days beforehand, and there are a few essential steps…
Exfoliating is essential when preparing for a tan.
DHA – the active ingredient in your false tan – only affects the outer layer of your skin, and so it’s essential that this is as smooth as possible.
- Scrubbing away dead skin cells will make your tan apply nicer and last better.
- Remember to shave or wax 1-2 days before your tan so that your pores have time to close to prevent a ‘dotted’ effect.
Ensure your skin is as prepared as possible and keep your skin moisturised.
However, moisturiser can act as a barrier to fake tan, and could also react with the solution, to prevent this happening…
- Apply your moisturizer 24 hours before so that your skin is bare when you actually come to tan.
- Focus on dry areas that tan may cling to, such as knees, elbows and feet.
An important tanning preparation tip to ensure there’s nothing on your skin that could interfere with the tan.
Things that can affect how your tan applies include…
Once your skin is prepped and primed, you’ll have the perfect base for your fake tan!
- Plan ahead before your appointment by wearing loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan.
- Do not exercise or swim during the development time.
- If you’re not showering until the morning then wear loose gloves or socks in bed to prevent hands accidently touching your body during your sleep and leaving hand marks on your beautiful tan.
- Do not shower or bathe for the development period (at least 8 hours) after your tan.
- Use a light body wash like Sienna X Balance Body wash, it’s so mild and gentle that it won’t strip your colour and is kind enough to use on your face.
- Pat dry after showering- not not rub dry.